From contests, competitions, and more!
Here is the updated list of helpful resources where you can click directly on the hyperlinks from here:
An A to Z of fun things to do without leaving the house; just click on the bolded phrases under each letter – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zb92mfr
Current ongoing competitions:
- TT Rockstars GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS with the current record to beat is 186! Read the instructions from https://ttrockstars.com/page/gwr by Thursday the 4th of June and access https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student/36121 using your TT rockstars login details.
- Maths London Week 22-26 June 2020 – Using your uso/lgfl logins on sumdog, the winner will be the class with the most accurate scores over the week from the school to win the trophy along with other prizes. We will inform you via text of when the logins will be ready to go. https://pages.sumdog.com/enter_contest/maths-week-london-contest/?gr_campaign=&utm_source=sumdog&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=MWL20&utm_content=sumdog-promo-email-1-jan-19
- PixBlocks Programming challenge – register and complete different rounds of competitions by the 7th of June. In partnership with Microsoft, this programming challenge is carried out remotely via the desktop app, PixBlocks which is intended to provide programming courses from beginner to advanced levels for prizes worth up to £500. This countrywide challenge is set up for those aged 6-18 who enjoy coding. More information here: https://pixchallenge.org/uk/contest/
- If you enjoy filming, enter this competition by the 19th of June where you need to create a short film (3 mins or under in length [including titles and credits]) using what equipment you have at home capturing nature in your local environment. The winners of the winning film will receive a home filmmaking bundle worth £300 (runners up will win their hands on a year’s subscription to Netflix). More information here: https://www.intofilm.org/competitions/16
- Roses are red, violets are blue, if you enjoy poems, then this contest is for you! This competition is for those aged 7-11 who have composed original poems focusing on the theme of ‘Vision’. The winning poet will win a visit from the National Poetry Day Ambassador and award-winning Poet Joshua Seigal and £250 of books for their school. Both winner and runner up will also receive: a trophy and certificate, a batch of beautiful poetry books provided by publisher Bloomsbury Kids, and an annual subscription to the gorgeous children’s magazine Scoop. The deadline for submissions is the 17th of July 2020. More information here: https://www.lovereading4kids.co.uk/submit-poem-entry
- On May 21st, the illustrator Rob Biddulph is attempting to break the Guinness World Record for the World’s Biggest Art Lesson and he needs YOU to help him. Register now to take part and make history at home: https://www.worldbookday.com/2020/05/help-rob-biddulph-break-a-world-record/
- Purple Mash are officially launching, ‘The Purple Mash Games Design Competition“. A chance for children to be creative and design a brand new game using 2DIY 3D on PurpleMash using your LGFL login: https://2simple.com/blog/games-design-competition-2020/
- Arts in Need for the Arts Exhibition. Sign and send your entries by the 31st of May. More information here